Thursday, May 1, 2014

College Survival Guide: Toto We're Not in High School Anymore

So by now one thing for all college students is sure, “Toto we are definitely not in high school anymore.”

For some this transition can be very difficult, while for others it is a breeze. But as this first year of college for many of us is coming to a close, I wanted to talk about how college life can change us and the differences between high school and college.

College is a huge change from high school. You are completely responsible for yourself. No one in college is going to hold your hand as you go along. You are responsible for choosing your own classes, turning in everything and so on. Professors in college will also not be as lenient as those in high school.

For me the transition wasn't to difficult, however when I was away last semester I was pretty home sick when I first left. It took me a little bit to get into the swing of being in college on a personal level, but when it came down to academics I was on par. I think it is because I have always been pretty "good" at school.

The hardest part for me was getting everything organized realizing that I was an adult now. How did all of you out there react to the transition? Let me know in the comments down below.

For all of those like me finishing up your first year of college I just wanted to say congrats! We made it! I know college can be difficult, you are moving on from everything that is familiar and comfortable into the adult world. Life changes from being a kid, to being a grown-up. We are responsible for ourselves now. It is our job to stay on top of everything, map out our lives and create our own future. We have just completed the first leg of our journey with much more to go. I wish you all luck on the remainder of your journey and I hope that it goes where you want it.

I hope that everything is what you hoped it would be. <3 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment