Thursday, May 15, 2014

School's Out for Summer! School's Out Forever! (Not Really)

 "School's out for summer! School's out forever!" Haha I wish! When writing this post I couldn't help but start singing Alice Cooper's School's Out. (If you haven't heard it then you should.)

Wow, I can’t believe that this year is already over. This has certainly been a year full of many ups and downs full of new experiences, new friends, and new adventures. Looking back, I am amazed at what happened over this past school year, it has definitely got gone as planned!

The fall semester was really difficult for me, academic wise the transition was pretty easy but it was difficult on a personal level. As excited as I was to leave home I was still really home sick.

However, through all the changes and the ups and downs of living on campus, adjusting to college, changing schools halfway through the year and then learning to balance work and school has been a crazy and challenging roller coaster ride. This year has been way more trying than I ever thought it would be. But in the end I have made it through and I am really happy to have been able to pull through despite all the challenges, I know it has made me a stronger person.

After everything I am more excited than ever for summer break! Even though I will be working it will be a nice reprieve from school, plus I will be going to Grand Bethel again this year and I will be going to Anime Expo for the first time!!!

Side note, for all my college colleagues and incoming freshman, remember to take it easy so you don't overwhelm yourself. It is nice to join clubs and get involved but your education should always come first. And, so you don't have to learn the hard way like me, remember that your health should always come first too. Don't push yourself so hard that you make your sick, it isn't worth it. If you get a B on that assignment instead of an A, that is better if you are healthy to enjoy it.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer and enjoy your time in the sun! To all my fellow college freshman, WE DID IT! Congrats for finishing our first year of college and moving on to being a sophomore.

And for those of you still in school, here is a little motivation:
<3 Kimmie

P.S. Sorry I didn't post much this week, was stressed about finals :/ I hope I did well!And now I am going to go sleep for an entire day! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment