If you ready my year in review post, you probably know that 2017 was a rough year for sure! I didn't get as much time to read for fun as I would like and so out of my 20 book goal, I only read 8. Not bad, but far from what I wanted. Also, of the books on my reading challenge list, I only finished three (and in the middle of a few of the others).
For this year, I decided to lower my goal to 12 books instead, since it is more attainable and I would rather surpass my goal than fall short again. You can check out the progress I make via my Goodreads which is in the sidebar, or by clicking on the sticker below.
Here are the books I am currently working on (because I am weird and read multiple books at once)
- Terry Pratchett - The Color of Magic (currently misplaced the book)
- Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
- Neil Gaiman - Stardust
- Sarah J. Mass - Throne of Glass
- I also am an hour and a half into the audiobook for Girl on the Train and am unsure how I feel about continuing it.
These are the categories I am interested in from the Popsugar challenge:
- A classic you've been meaning to read (from a past challenge) - Pride and Prejudice
- A book by your favorite author - for this one I am finally picking back up the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- A banned book - Looking for good suggestions
- Author of different race/ethnicity
- A book you borrowed - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass
- A past Goodreads award winner - I have a couple I am considering such as Yes Please by Amy Pohler and Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Award-winning book - The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- A book you meant to read in 2017, but didn't get to - Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost
Suggestions are welcome for all the categories I don't have a book set for, or just in general. Let me know what books you plan on reading this year!