Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What Was on my Heart...

This post is just something that I had on my heart and I just sat down to write and this is what came out.

Everyone deserves to know that they are a good person. Everyone deserves to have someone who cares about them enough to remind them that they do matter.

But unfortunately we all get busy and sometimes we forget. One of the hardest things to do for some is to remember that you matter, to remember that it is ok to love yourself, and it is ok to think you are beautiful. Everyone deserves to love themselves, because in the end it is up to you. It only matters if you believe that you love yourself.

I personally struggle with this. I often find myself looking in the mirror and disliking and criticizing what I see. For the longest time I have had the worst self confidence in myself, always looking at my stretch marks and saying that I am fat. Always looking at my thighs and how jiggly they are and feeling the burn of resentment. Just in general, hating what I see about myself.

But it shouldn't be that way. Yes, shouldn't and are are two very different thing, but my goal is to force myself, everyday, to find something about myself that I like rather than something I hate.

So whether or not you have someone to tell you, I want you to know that I think you are an amazing person who truly does matter. You are a smart and beautiful person and I hope all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment