Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One of my Favorite Fictional Characters

Goood afternoon Interwebbies!

This is a really random post that I decided to do that I may continue into a series...who knows. Anyhow, I just decided I wanted to talk about one of my favorite fictional characters that I adore, look up to and am inspired by. That character is Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds.

First off, Criminal Minds is one of my favorite tv shows! I have just recently started the series from the beginning to watch it straight through from beginning to current. Now, onto the focus of this post:

Penelope is a technical analyst at the Behavioral Analysis Unit, the center of the show, and she is just quirky, flamboyant, fun and just an amazing comic-relief in the show. She always makes funny quips when she answers the phone like 'The Office of Unmitigated Superiority'. She is one of the more emotional members of the team which sometimes makes her job harder but, for me, makes her more relatable and like I can connect with her.

I love how connected she gets with the other characters and is kind and builds family style relationships with the rest of the team. She is always cracking jokes and making the team smile.


Penelope in the show is one of those "dangerous or useful hackers" that the FBI took advantage of having her on their side. She is a computer genius! Another fun point is that Penelope has an interesting flirtationship with one of the other characters Derek Morgan who is her best friend and it is always funny to watch them interact on the show.
"And a wise black man once told me: baby girl, you be trippin’." 

Here is the link to the Tumblr blog with more awesomeness about Morgan and Garcia's relationship: Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment