Saturday, November 7, 2015

Rest in Peace Uncle Morgan

Tonight at 9:20pm, my dad's best friend and my "uncle" Morgan, a.k.a. Sensei Stumpy left this world. While my heart aches from his passing I know this is for the best. For the last six weeks of his life he had been in an incredible amount of pain and now he doesn't have to suffer any more.
Morgan on the left with my dad.
He was one of the most amazing, caring, and humble people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I am so thankful to have had him in my life for as long as I did. I am thankful that I got to grow up knowing him from when I was a little girl at the Renaissance Faire to now as a 20 year old. He was a wonderful human being who taught those around him to be better. One of my favorite memories is my dad always saying that the only way he would try to take him on would be with a sniper rifle, on a roof, two blocks away. The reason he earned the nickname "Sensei Stumpy" is because for one he was short and he had a black belt in I believe four different types of marshal arts.

He even taught a "date safe" course and would put on a padded suit and let his students kick his butt. I remember him telling me to show my mom when she came to pick me up what I had learned and was proud of me. I remember laughing with him at how goofy he looked in the suit as well.

Forever the goofballs at my dad's 50th birthday. My dad, Morgan, and friend Brian.
He was full of jokes and whit up to the end. He told my dad "I'm probably the only person whose own tongue is trying to kill them." And when they were discussing if reincarnation was real, he would want to come back as a police dog to receive pets and treats and bite bad guys in the butt. He even told my dad that if he came back as a police dog the signal that it would be him is that he would run around and pee on him.

I will truly miss him, and I know we will meet again one day. Rest in Peace Uncle Morgan, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment