Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Birthday

I can’t believe that I am 19 years old now. It seems as though this year has gone by so fast. Time in general just seems to be moving faster now a days. Often I feel like if I turn away I will miss everything. I feel like I hardly have enough time for anything. I guess it is just a constant reminder to make the most out of life, to relish every moment and never forget to spend time with those you love, because it could be gone in the blink of an eye. (Seriously not trying to be depressing, just reflective.)

In all honesty, I don’t really feel any different being 19, but now I have to go through that yearly occurrence of remembering how old I am now and that I have to say “19” and not “18.” Lol.

Overall, I had a pretty good birthday. My work day felt like it moved pretty quickly and I was pleasantly surprised when my manager and coworkers surprised me with cupcakes and a birthday card.

After work, me, Johnny and three of our friends went and got this huge to-go dinner platter and pie from Marie Calendars and went back to my room to pig out on BBQ tri-tip, shrimp, loaded mash potatoes, mac and cheese and, the pies de resistance, chocolate satin pie!!! All while watching random and goofy movies, as per our usual MO.

And I got two pretty fun birthday wishes, one from Google and the other from Ipsy, my monthly glam-bag was waiting for me when I got home from work.


I am truly thankful for all the people who wished me happy birthday and the people who got to spend my birthday with me. Thank you so much for making it a special day for me and keeping me in mind. All in all, a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment