Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Zero to Hero Day 16 - Prompt

Do you have a reputation? What is it, and where did it come from? Is it accurate? What do you think about it?

Do I have a reputation? Honestly, I am not sure what my reputation would be today. Probably that one random chick. Or the bookworm, or that insane kid who snorts when she laughs. Could be none of these, could be none of the above. Not really sure, but you get the picture lol.

I know that in the past I had a reputation that didn't show me in the best light. I allowed myself to get influenced by people and actions that I shouldn't have and for some reason that today is beyond me, I allowed myself to do things that I am not proud of.

What is it, and where did it come from? I don't want to go into specific details because it is rather embarrassing and a dark time that I prefer to forget about. Though, to give you a little insight: I am a very friendly person and sometimes that can be taken as flirtatious and I didn't reign that in and rumors flew and yeah. (Before you judge! I never slept with anyone and the acts I am talking about were stupid little things that got blown up but they were big to me because I know that I shouldn't have.) But truthfully, at that time the reputation I was gaining, no matter how negative, did have some truth within the horrible downwards spiral that started. Even though I know most of the rumors were stupid lies made up by people who didn't like me or didn't know what they were talking about, they were started because of actions that I chose to be a part of and so I only had myself to blame.

Is it accurate? What do you think about it? I don't think the reputation that I gained was accurate and as soon as I figured out it had formed I did take immediate action to fix it and do whatever I could to get away from that reputation. So I think that it made me shape up and grow up a bit but overall, it just reminded me how cruel people can be and how one small slip up can lead to a slippery slope of negativity.

So, that is my little confession for the day in response to today's prompt. I know I chose a bit more of a serious, reflective take to this post but thats ok for me. I just have one request. Please no negativity or harsh judgmental comments! No one but me really knows all the details so I would appreciate it if those out there didn't make snap judgements based off of the vauge details I presented here!

Good luck and big hugs <3 kimmie="">

No comments:

Post a Comment