Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Years Resolutions!

I know its already almost through January and I am probably really behind on getting this post out but that is ok. I talked a little bit about my resolutions on my happy new years post but after reading/watching Michelle Phan's post/video on her resolutions I relized that it would be a helpful idea to write out my goals in detail and if I post them up here then I really have a reason to keep going. So here they are:

1. Get in shape. I know this sounds like everyones new year goal of "I'm going to get in shape and loose x amount of pounds and blah, blah, blah" so superficial and it often times falls through. However, with this in mind I have set my stepping stones for achieving this monumental task and I have a final goal for this one as well! My plan is to follow the monthly workout calendar put out by Blogilaties and I was thinking of fixing up my bike and riding it to work. The reason behind this is because I want to be able to complete to Spartan Run Trifecta with my dad. Plus I overall want to be healthy and fit.

2. Be thankful for everything around me. I've talked about the book "The Magic" before, and I am going to start the 28 day process from the beginning and continue through it after that. How often do we take the time to appreciate what is around us? How often to we let someone know we appreciate them. My goal is to be thankful for everything I have, every day. I want to make myself and my life better through gratitude.

3. Do well in school. Pretty self explanatory on this one. Also, I want to save up so I can go back to a four year and get into an absolutely amazing school!

4. Put myself first in my own life. For such a long time I have always had the tendency to put everyone else's needs and happinesses above my own. BUT I've come to understand that I need to focus on making myself happy because at the end of the day I have to live MY life and I can't do that if I have completely neglected myself. Some may say this sounds selfish but whatever. I've learned that if you aren't happy then its not really worth it.

5. Let go of the past. I tend to let so many things from my past haunt me and continue to bring me down and make me unhappy. I want to figure out how to let those things go, accept that they happened and move on so I am not bogged down for the rest of my life. The new year is a time to start with a clean slate and I finally want to give myself that. Two quotes that I thought of while writing this were: "Regrets are a waste of time. They are the past crippling you in the present." - Under the Tuscan Sun, and from Kung Fu Panda, "There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment