Friday, January 15, 2016

Ramen, Paniq Room, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Getting Sick

I just got back from a mini vacation down in LA. I got to see my mom and sister, friends I hadn't seen in a long time, my high school teachers and co-workers from Northrop, went to my favorite restaurant, and was there for my friend Lelaina's 21st birthday.

It was a lot of fun and I was super excited that we got to go to Paniq Room. Essentially you are locked in a room with a theme and you have to solve clues and find the key to get out of the room within an hour. I thought I wasn't going to be good at it because typically I am not good at puzzles but I had the time of my life. I really encourage everyone to check it out. My best friend and I are wanting to go to the location in San Francisco. They did a segment about it the Hollywood one we went to on the news which you can check out below.


I am incredibly happy I got to see my mom because this was the first time I had gotten to see her since the end of June, and it is actually the longest I've ever gone without seeing her,my sister, or my aunt. We went to go see Star Wars together since my mom and sister hadn't seen it yet.

Also, my sister took me with her and her friend to go see Mystery Science Theater 3,000 doing commentary on the movie Starship Troopers. For those of you who were like me and have no clue what MST is, allow me to explain. Basically three guys watch a movie and will make funny comments throughout it as the movie is playing. I was laughing the whole time and they have a slew of movies that they have done this for.

I am glad though that I am back home with my kitties and my own bed. The annoying part is that I started coughing a lot yesterday and have had a killer sore throat since I woke up. But all in all it was a really fun 5 day vacation and I am so happy I got the week off work to relax.

I hope you all are doing well,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment