Wednesday, January 30, 2013

To Write Love on Her Arms

Last night on the news I made a discovery that really got me to actually take interest. There was a segment about a tour for a non-profit organization called To Write Love on Her Arms. On their website their vision states: "To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery."

This really hits home with me because for a long time I struggled with depression (and to be perfectly honest, sometimes still do), cutting and was suicidal. I'm not ashamed to admit that I faced this during my life because I want to encourage people who might possibly be going through something similar to message me if they just need an ear to listen or a friend to lean on. 

TWLOHA is now on a tour called Heavy and Light and the tag line is "An evening of songs, conversation and hope." I am still doing research into the movement but I am truly inspired by their vision and the story behind the movement. 

I encourage everyone who reads this to at least take five minutes to look at their website, read a little bit and see if this amazing movement can inspire you as well. 
Have a wonderful day from my wacky world to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment