Monday, March 20, 2017

2017 Reading Challenge

So for this year’s reading challenge or reading goals, I’m going to be using the Popsugar Reading Challenge list. I definitely don’t think I’d be able to do all 40, but my overall goal is to read 20 books this year. I decided to pick and choose categories from the challenge to create my list:


  1. A book involving travel: Stardust - Neil Gaiman
  2. A book involving a mythical creature: WIld About You - Kerrelyn Sparks
  3. An audiobook: Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
  4. A bestseller from a genre you don’t usually read: Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
  5. A book that’s becoming a movie in 2017: Either Red Sparrow - Jason Matthews or Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
  6. A book that’s published in 2017: Into the Fire - Jeaniene Frost
  7. The first book in a series you haven’t read before: The Selection - Kiera Cass
  8. A book that’s been on your TBR list for way too long: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  9. A book by a person of color: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Mindy Kaling
  10. A book with a title that’s a character’s name: Cinder - Marissa Meyer
  11. A book with a subtitle: Dear Mr. Darcy: A Retelling of Pride and Prejudice - Amanda Grange
  12. A book with career advice: #Girlboss - Sophia Amoruso
  13. A book where the main character is a different ethnicity than you: House Girl - Tara Conklin
  14. A book about an interesting woman: Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
  15. A book set in wartime/A book you bought on a trip (Yes filling two categories): The Zookeeper’s Wife - Diane Ackerman


For now I’m going to stick to 15/16 categories so I can have some wiggle room to read books that I want and may not fit. I do want to try and complete the books from my 2016 challenge, but that will be on the back burner. I will be updating this with any changes to the list or if I decide to add to it. If you want to try the Popsugar challenge, check out their Goodreads group. You can also see my progress on my Goodreads account and challenge. I do have a widget in my sidebar!


Do I have any active readers out there? Let me know if you plan to challenge yourself this year and what your picks would be.


Hugs from my computer to yours!

<3 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment