Sunday, December 14, 2014

"30 Day"/30 Questions Makeup Challenge Part 1

Hey everyone, so I thought this would be fun to do a bit of a challenge post. I found the picture below and it says it is a 30 day challenge but I am just gonna answer the questions here in this post. Hope you enjoy.

Question #1: When did you start wearing makeup?
- I think I started wearing makeup when I was 14 and it really wasn't too often or very much (haha oh that black eyeliner!) Mostly for formal events for Jobies and for holidays. 

Question #2: How did you learn to put on makeup?
- At first it was just a lot of trial and error and watching my cousin, but then, I discovered YouTube! The first people I watched on YouTube were Kandee Johnson, Michelle Phan and MakeUp Medic (who sadly doesn't do YouTube anymore).

Question #3: Favorite Brand?
- I don't have too much of a favorite brand to be honest as I am still trying to branch out and try more brands and makeup. Drugstore, the one I own the most of is Maybelline and I really do love them so I guess they would be my favorite. High end, as I said I am still trying to branch out and so far I only own a few things my Mac, BareMinerals, TooFaced and Tarte. Haven't picked a favorite yet.

Question #4: Do you like wearing foundation?
- Actually yes, at the minimum a BB or tinted moisturizer. This is mostly because I do have uneven skin tone and acne so I like wearing foundation to even everything out.

Question #5: Favorite lipstick, lipgloss and lip liner.
- I hardly ever wear lipgloss but I really like Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Evelyn. Lipstick would have to be a tie between my Kat VondD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw and Wet n Wild Bare it All. Lip liner: I LOVE my Maybelline lip liner in Toast (it goes with Bare it All and so much else.) For a darker color I love Jordana's Cabernet (great dupe for Mac's Nightmoth).

Question #6: Do you wear false eyelashes? (Strip or Individual?)
- Just bought my first pair not too long ago for halloween. Still honestly trying to figure out false lashes but I haven't tried individuals yet.

Question #7: Favorite eyeshadow color?
- I am a huge fan of neutrals. Nuf' said.

Question #8: Favorite daytime look?
- Honestly when I am lazy I just do concealer over my lids and pop a neutral transition shade in my crease, run some nude eyeliner in my waterline, through on eyeliner and mascara (maybe blush and bronzer if I have an extra minute) and I am good.

Recently my favorite look has been using the bareMinerals "The Magic Act" holiday palette. I take the shade Celebrate and put it all over my lid, then use A-Ha in my outer v and crease with a bit of Foreshadow to darken it up and put Foreshadow along my lower lash line. I also use the blush Close Call to contour with The Indecent Proposal on the apples of my cheeks.

Question #9: Picture of your makeup collection.
- I recently reorganized it so here for your viewing pleasure:
                                                So this is where it all hides
 
Top drawer is mostly face stuff or stuff I use on a daily basis.
Lip stuff and eye stuff with my DIY Z-Palette
Where I have been stashing my friends christmas presents and misc stuff
More misc
And my brushes and larger sets.


Question #10: Favorite makeup brush?
- I would have to say it is a toss up between three. My Real Techniques Buffing Brush, my Real Techniques Contour Brush and my Crown double-sided brush that I received in my ipsy bag.

If you are reading this please let me know if you liked it and I will post answers to the next 10 questions soon!
<3 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment