Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Love at Stake Series Review

Hey guys, I'm back to do another series review for you. *Yes, it is another romance novel series* This one will be pretty short because I mostly just wanted to get something out for you guys and as I said in my last post I have been swamped lately. So here we go!


Much like the Dark Hunter series which I reviewed the Love at Stake series is also based in the paranormal/supernatural genre. However, this series bases mostly in just vampires and wear animals and doesn't expand too much outside of that zone. Even though the world it is set in isn't as complex as the DH world, it is still a fairly interesting and a bit more relate-able considering it is mostly based in New York.

This series is more on the comedic side of things, it definetly makes you laugh with the humor in the writing. There are currently 15 books in the series, including two novella/mini story books. Check out the complete reading list and summaries here. My favorite books so far in the series are "How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire" and "All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire." They all have pretty punny titles.

Generally, I feel like this series would also target the same audience as the Dark Hunter series. Side note: the three main romance novel series that fall in this paranormal catagory are: the Dark Hunter series, Love at Stake series and "the Others" series. I may wind up doing a post on my favorite romance novels/what is on my kindle/bookshelf. Let me know if you think that would be fun.

Overall, the characters are pretty well developed with decent backstories. While the basic outline of the sories can be generic or a bit "jolty" (some books I feel end too fast or just don't 100% follow through). But in the end this is a decent series if you are looking for a fun, whitty read.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

<3 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment