Monday, December 30, 2013

A "Kimmie-Life" Update!

Hi internet peoples! Just wanted to update you all on the crazy changes that have been happening recently in my life.

So as you may know I was attending a 4-year private university and paying for it basically on my own. However, it got to the point where I couldn't afford $400/a month payments with out a job or a car to get to a job. So, I made the decision to transfer back to my local community college because I can go to school for a fraction of the cost ($43,000/a year vs. aprox $1,000/a semester!) and I had a stable job at Northrop Grumman that I love and can put money away towards transferring back to a four year. 

Honestly, the hardest part about making this decision, despite everything weighing in the favor of moving home, was that so many people I know got caught in the "community college trap" and personally my sister has been at this college for 5 years! Also, for so long I have been wanting to get away from my home life and basically start over and be able to control my own life on my own, and I was clinging to that like crazy because I felt like I had finally gotten out and I desperately didn't want to go back. I had this whole plan in my head of what was going to happen in my life and what I was going to do and from the moment I started having to transition into college believe me that NOTHING went according to that plan. But I learned something very important through all of this: sometimes what is best for us isn't always what we want and we have to learn to accept this and "roll with the punches" and curves thrown at us in life. More times that not in life you are going to have to do something you may not neccessarily want to or is not what you want to do in order to do what is best for you and best for your future. And whether we like it or not life doesn't follow the plan we make for ourselves, it is our job to make the best out of what we are given and work our tails off in order to make a life worth living. Remember make every day worth living! Sending big hugs from my computer screen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment