Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Summary

Hey all! I am sorry I haven't been updating recently, what with finals and essays galore I have barely had any time what so ever! I hope you all had amazing Thanksgiving breaks and yummy food comas!


For this Thanksgiving I was fortunate enough to get to go up to Nor Cal to spend Thanksgiving with my dad. The bus ride up to there was really long and boring (9 hours!!!) but the week itself was so much fun. They have 3 dogs: Saki, Mika and Max and they are so hyper and loving and always there to play with. And on top of that my dad's girlfriend's kids are really awesome and I got along great with them. (However, I didn't get to meet the two boys until the day after Thanksgiving because they were with their dad).

On Thanksgiving day we ate dinner rather early and had more of a Thanksgiving lunch so that way we could celebrate with my "somewhat step sister" before she went to Thanksgiving dinner with her boyfriend's family. We spent the rest of that day enjoying each other's company and watching funny movies and YouTube videos(and I was able to call Johnny that evening because he was back at home!)

But what most people forget is that Thanksgiving and Christmas are about more than eating a lot and getting presents. It is about being with those you love and being able to be thankful for everything around you. If you truly look at your life how thankful are you on a daily basis? Most don't want to admit that we really aren't that thankful. So especially around this time of year make sure to be super grateful for everything in your life because you always have to remember that their is someone out there who doesn't have what you do and could be wishing they did right this moment. So be thankful for everything you have and make sure to let your family know how much you love them because the Holidays only come once a year! Happy Holidays and big hugs from my computer screen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment