Thursday, June 18, 2015

Losing a friend I grew up with...R.I.P. Quincy

Two days ago I got news that rocked my world. One of my friends that I have known since I was in 6th grade (now 9 years) died in a tragic accident. At first no one in our middle school group knew what had happened, but one of my friends found a news article stating he was hit by a metrolink train. I still can't bring myself to read the article.

I can't describe in words how surreal it is to lose a friend so suddenly and someone who is so young. Quincy has...had, a fiance and a three month old daughter who will never know how amazing her father was. He had his whole life ahead of him and now he is just suddenly gone. That truly breaks my heart.

Quincy has been my friend since I entered middle school. He was a year older than me. All throughout middle school and even after we went to different high schools, he was really protective of me and always treated me like I was his little sister. He would call me on my birthday and sing happy birthday over the phone and it sounded hilarious because of how deep his voice was. He never worried about if he looked like a goof as long as he was having fun with our group. One year for Halloween he wore his sisters girl scout uniform just to be silly and make everyone laugh.

During middle school when I first started cutting he was one of the only people who knew, and he didn't treat me differently, but he made sure I knew he was always there for me. During my time at Concordia, on his night off from work, he and my boyfriend drove the 45 minutes to surprise me and come see me because I told them I was feeling lonely. He could always brighten up your day and would go out of his way to make you smile. He even went to my schools prom just because we asked him.

I wish I could see him to tell him that he is one of the most incredible, kindest, and most caring people I have ever met. He was more than my friend, he was a brother to me. I love him so much and I can't imagine this world without him in it. Quincy, I miss you so much, I hope some day to see you again some day. I hope you are up there somewhere looking down on us. Rest in peace my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment