Thursday, September 11, 2014

Where Was I on September 11th, 2000


In all honesty, I really don't remember most of the details of where I was because I was only six at the time.

So here are the few details that I do remember:
I remember my mom and dad watching the story on the news before they went to work and dropped me and my sister school.

I remember is being at school and sitting in class. I remember the principle coming in over the intercom and saying the towers had fallen and we needed to have a moment of silence. (I think we watched President Bush's address.)

I remember that my mom had to work that whole weekend because she works at a travel company and had to reroute flights and tours.

I remember my mom and dad calling our east coast family, even though they were in Kentucky and Florida, we still wanted to know they were ok and talk to them about the tragety.

I remember not really understanding what had happend, I just remember knowing that it was bad and that it was a sad day.
It is hard to believe that it has been 13 years since that dreadful day. (Also hard to believe that I am 19! But that is digressing). I know that so many people's lives were forever changed by that day and that it is a day we will never forget. It has shaped the way our country, and others involved, to this day. I hope some day the war that started that day will come to an end, but I don't know when that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment