Thursday, November 5, 2015

Life Update

Hey everyone, so I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a life update to let you guys know what has been going on with me since I moved and since this year has been very crazy with lots of changes, struggles, losses and just crazy stuff going on.

So I was finally able to get a job in late August that wasn't a temp job. I am working at Victoria's Secret part time and more recently I just got hired for seasonal part time at Ulta Beauty. I've been working at VS for about two months now, and I like it, but am unfortunately not getting many hours due to being in between back to school and holiday. I am learning what it is like to struggle financially as an adult. We have rent, my car payment, school, and I'm paying off my hospital bill from my car accident last year! (I know right!)

Nothing screams "you're an adult now" like having a list of bills to pay and constantly being afraid of not being able to. I am really thankful that I have a second job for holiday because I can hopefully have a little bit of spending money and not be worried about affording everything. If anyone has any advice for working two part time retail jobs, please let me know, I could really use the help.

To top everything off, I am not able to get my financial aid through school because of issues and I'm having to go through a complicated special exceptions process, and having to deal with applications to universities to transfer. Wish me luck.

Other than money school is going well so far. I have managed to get myself back on track and have a transfer plan together again and it does really give me some peace of mind knowing that at least on part of my life is somewhat stable.

Sorry for my mini negativity rant. I honestly didn't mean for this to turn into one, but I feel like things are starting to get better and turn around, and I truly hope that is so. I'm trying really hard to stay positive and work my way through all the struggles I am going through, but it is really hard, I am not going to lie. This year has definitely been one of the most difficult I have gone through.

Time to take a deep breath and just keep on truckin'. That is truly how I life my life. I am realizing not matter how hard things get, I just keep going, and just keep towards my goals and handle what is thrown my way as best I can. Like a little fishy once said, "just keep swimming."
This is my tattoo.
Hope you are all doing well. Hugs from my computer to yours,
<3 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment